Georgians and their families are invited to 'The Raising of The Bar' - the official opening of the College Bar and celebration of the College's new liquor license!
- When: Sunday 26 March 4.30-7pm
- Where: in the Quad at St George's
- Who: Georgians and their partners. Children are also welcome.
- Cost: $10 per person, payable at the door. This includes pizza and one glass of wine per adult - subsequent glasses are to be paid for! But at attractive prices. For children, the $10 covers pizza and soft drink for the evening.
- RSVP is essential (due to liquor licensing requirements). Please email or call Jackie and Bindu at the College reception on 9449 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 23 March.
- Pizza is from the College's gourmet pizza oven; vegetarian and gluten free pizzas are also available.
- Wine will be available to purchase by the glass during the evening and will feature wines from wineries with strong Georgian connections, including:
Carpe Diem Vineyards - parents of Umberto Anderle (2010) and current resident Eddie Anderle
Cullen Wines - winemaker Vanya Cullen’s father, Kevin (1940), uncle Edgar (1935), brothers Rick (1965), Stewart (1971) and Digby (1973), and niece Kate (2013) are all Georgians
Domaine Naturaliste- Wendy Dukes (Lee-Steere 1990)
Hutton Wines - Michael Hutton (1991), whose brother Bradley (1991) is also a Georgian
Mann Wines - Anthea Mann (1985), whose brother Richard (1982) and sister Jillian (1990) are also Georgians
Peel Estate Wines - Will Nairn, brother of Don Nairn (1957)
Zarephath Wines - Ian Barrett-Lennard (1972) whose daughter Alison Barrett-Lennard (2004) is also a Georgian